Friday, June 20, 2008

Circus!

Okay, so we went to the circus almost 2 weeks ago, but I'm new to this, and I had technical difficulties getting some of my pictures on. (I'm not usually this dumb on computers) But, we had such a fun time, I wanted to share a few. When I purchased the tickets for a circus in the middle of June, it didn't even cross my mind that the weather would be anything but nice. But, on circus day it was in the mid 50's and the wind was horrible! And, to illustrate just how crappy the weather was, we woke up to snow the next morning. (Fun times in Idaho) I made the false assumption that we would be in a tent (you always hear of being under the big top, right?) We were, however, outside and very sorely unprepared! But, all things considered, we had a great time. I was pretty impressed with the show and the acts for a circus in Idaho Falls. Hannah and Andrew wanted to see elephants more than anything, so I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled they were when we actually got to ride one! It was the highlight of their night. Jacob, Becca, and Rachel were weirded out by the idea, so they just watched...


What would a circus be without cotton candy?! Andrew was in his element stuffing his face. I was holding him, so I'm sure you can imagine the mess all over me. Oh well, the things we do for our kids, right. Hannah got her face painted like a kitty during intermission. In the picture, she's trying to make herself look like a kitty. She's such a funny kid!These are some of the kids favorite acts, but they were all pretty amazing. It was so windy. I was surprised what the acrobats and tumblers were still willing to do. I guess they knew what they were doing though.



We had such a great time at the circus, even though the weather was horrible! (You can tell from the kids' faces and the way they're all hunched over in their hoodies that they were freezing) Spending time together is all that matters most of the time. They all said it was worth braving the elements. (Even though their faces point to the contrary)

No comments: