Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July!

The Fourth of July is one of my all time favorite holidays. I love everything about it...the warm weather, parades, fireworkds, barbecues, family...it's all great. This year, we started off the day at Jake and Bonny's house for a barbecue. The kids had a great time playing in the yard and the trees and with each other. Shane, Andrew, and Hannah spent most of their time wrestling with each other. They are so hilarious to watch. Then, we headed over to watch the parade in Menan and afterwards spend some time playing the games, checking out the booths, and doing all the little kiddie activities. For a small town, Menan really goes all out. We hung out with family a little more, then watched the fireworks in Menan, and again for a small town, they do a fantastic job. I love celebrating our independence. I'm so grateful for the country in which we live. We are so blessed.
Here are some random pics from our day...









They boys just hanging out...

We watched the parade on Man Street in Menan. Here Hannah is dancing to the
band's music and Becca and Andrew are hanging out.


We finished off the night setting off our own firewords and doing sparklers with Jake,
Bonny, Shane, Isaac, and Josh. We had such a wonderful day!



4 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I LOVE the 4th, too, definitely one of my favorites! Your kids are so darn cute....they look so much like you and the Radford fam! I am so sad I missed the girl's weekend, it makes me sad :( Hopefully next year, right?

Meggan said...

I love the 4th! We had a good one this year.

Meggan said...

PS: I also love the new pictures!

Laura Davies said...

I love the family pictures! You have the cutest clan!!! The new blog is great as well.
Love ya